Monday, January 28, 2008

My View - Back to Work [Rob´s India Entry (#9)]

Rob's Entry

Those that know me know my situation- early retirement. At least, that's what I called it, it has actually morphed into something else, the topic of another entry someday.

That all changed the other day. I went back to work. So did Anna. Between the two of us, we worked four days, as Bollywood extras (for those not knowing, Bollywood is the Indian motion picture industry, far out-producing Hollywood in number of films).

Up until this gig, my last job in aerospace was the best I ever had. I'll explain way this now was the best job ever.

The film was all about the modeling industry (not modeling in the mathematical or engineering sense, but rather fashion), so there were all these hot model types on the set. As an extra in the audience of a fashion show, it was our 'job' to watch (i.e. gawk) at the women as they paraded by. It would have been hard not to watch these very attractive women, but to get paid to leer makes this the best job ever. Aside from that, we were transported, given clothing (to wear for the day), fed (OK food), and paid 500 rupees (I'll let you do the conversion) per day. Other than that, our experience was long days, a hot (temperature) set, and boredom.

Anna had a lot more experience than I (she did three days, to my one), and has a lot more to write about.

1 Comments:

At 2:34 PM, Blogger Bob B said...

I still can't be;eive yoiu paid full price ( $19.00) to enter the Taj Mahal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home