Friday, January 11, 2008

Celebraty in Colaba, Mumbai India

Guess who was in my neighborhood yesterday? Madonna, the singer (not the religious figure)... Yep - she is apparently also traveling around India (good for her!), and ended up here, in Mumbai. I am staying in the 'hood called Colaba (unofficial backpackers' headquarters), and this is where Madonna also ended up at. She went to the pub called Leopold's - it's the place catering for westerners, which I try to avoid. Leopold's is next to the real Indian eatery (for locals) - that's the one I go to. I was on my way to the internet cafe, also on the same block as Leopold's, and couldn't figure out why there was so much of police... Later on I watched the news, and yep, here it was - Madonna was having her lunch there. I must say I am gaining respect for her choice of travel. She could have selected Hawaii for her Christmas vacation, but instead she is traveling in India - a challenging destination in many ways. OK, you go girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home