Thursday, June 07, 2007

London, Great Britain

Anna's entry:

As soon as we entered London, I felt excited and overwhelmed at the same time. People were everywhere; I tried to ignore numerous crowds of locals and tourists, and wanted to focus on what I came for – the history. As I was walking around London, I was feeling so many things, and so many memories were evoked. I remembered the time when I just started studying English in St. Petersburg, Russia, and the textbooks about Britain. How many times I imagined in my mind Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, The Parliament, Trafalgar Square… And there I was, many years later, standing right in front of them… They were beautiful, just the way I imagined them… I could just sense the presence of all prior queens and kings of England, and the history created by their predecessors and followers…



Royal Carriages on London streets


Big Ben


Buckingham Palace


London Towers


Royal Guard

St. Paul Cathedral

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home