Saturday, April 05, 2008

The Grande Finale of India Adventure

Anna's entry:

Well, we made it all the way. Today is our last day of traveling in India. I am writing this blog at the Mumbai International Airport while waiting for our flight to Bangkok, Thailand. Four months traveling in India have been absolutely incredible. Now, I know why they say "you have not traveled anywhere until you've traveled in India". Initially I was concerned about going to India, but it took only two weeks for me to overcome my fears, and start truly enjoying the experience.

I accept India for what it is. Yes it's crazy, yes it's unpredictable, yes it's unexpected, but it is truly incredible! I have never traveled in any place like India, India has put a very high standard to beat, and I expect that no other country would ever come close. Every day brought something different. From overwhelming chaos of Delhi to cosmopolitan Mumbai, from kissing cows of Paharganj to burning ghats of Varanasi, from ancient erotic temples in Khajuraho to wild elephants in Kumily, from the monument of love of Taj Mahal to the unforgettable sunrises of Kanyakumari, from dessert beauty of Rajastan to backwaters of Kerala, this is just a tiny fraction of introduction to India. We could spend hours telling thousands of stories and looking at thousands photographs, the images will stay forever in my mind.

India is incredible, but what makes India incredible is its people. People of India have won my heart over, and this is what makes India for me absolutely unforgettable. I have so many images and faces in my mind when I look back now... I am going to miss this special feeling of Indian hospitality and welcome, I don't know if I ever will experience it again in any other country I travel or live in. I feel that India has made me a better person, and a part of my heart has become Indian, or at least I hope so...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home