Wednesday, January 11, 2006

SPECIAL ENTRY

Anna’s Entry

Today is January 11th, and it is the sixth year death anniversary of my mom Galina. This entry is dedicated to her.
Galina passed away six years ago after a battle with breast cancer. It was unexpected for all of us. My mom was a beautiful individual who taught me to believe in myself, and never give up, but above all she promoted kindness, compassion, and forgiveness. For those who are familiar with Dostoevsky, she was an image of the woman he wrote about. She appreciated and looked forward to every day- and was grateful for a beautiful sunrise, good conversation, or just a walk in a park. Under a humble demeanor there was a lot of courage and strength. She loved to laugh and did not judge. She believed that kindness could change the world. Six years later I finally start understanding her aspirations, and for that I’m eternally grateful. Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home